My Blog List

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sunday Dinner on Saturday Night


 When Christmas is over and the New Year has been rung in, as wonderful as it can be, I think we are all tired. January represents to me, more than just the cold dreariness of the month, relaxation.Curling up with a good book at the end of the day with warm tea or a glass of brandy, I look outside at the rain and gray, dream of the springtime and fondly remember the Sunday Dinners we had in 2010.






The downside of my "January Moments" is that January passed... and suddenly I remembered Sunday Dinner! I think it was those Seattle Seahawks(or perhaps the brandy) that totally distracted me on that one amazing weekend with the Saints. And so...due to poor planning, our Sunday Dinner was served on a Saturday Night. You just have to learn to roll with this crazy life, right? And having friends that like to roll too? Now thats a plus!







So we relaxed and laughed with good friends the Cases and Carkners, on a Saturday night in  late January.





I  put out my California Poppies tablecloth as encouragement that spring and summer does come to Washington. We must be patient...and Smile. See? Thats better :)






Clams with Linguini , a sweet bottle of Good Night wine, people who laugh at subjects which perhaps are not really appropriate dinner conversation...people who slurp their pasta...hey! It's January. Cold and dreary, remember?? :)





But as my son Jordan would say "It's all good." When there are artificial Poppies, logs on the fire, a roof over your head, wine and friends to share it with...he is right.







Thanks for sharing the evening with us,             
 you make it worth the raindrops!






 We are one step closer to taking dinner to the big outdoors where Jaime and I  can dish up...well, how about we surprise you? Can't wait!                 

 xo

1 comment: