My Blog List

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Decembers Sunday Dinner: 'The Sweetest Gift"

            TAKE A WALK THROUGH BETHLEHEM
                         artist:  Trisha Yearwood
                     

"The city's decorated up for Christmas...All the stores are open late tonight...People hurry through the frozen streets...I take a walk.

Every child has a thousand wishes....Every window has a thousand lights....Every soul has a need for Peace...I take a walk.

Theres a star that still outshines the night...You can find it if you close your eyes....See the light.

Take a walk, through Bethlehem....Come and kneel before the lamb....Good news for every man...Walk through Bethlehem.

Every night another t.v. special...Merchants counting down the shopping days...But somethings missing underneath the tree...and  I take a walk.

'Cause every heart longs for more than tinsel...Something more than just a holiday...Come and celebrate the Baby King...Let's take a walk.

You don't have to travel anywhere...Faith and Hope will bring you there...Bring you there.

Let's Take a Walk."




I feel that is what has been happening  anew in my heart the past 4 months since Sunday Dinners began.I am sure Jaime would agree. We're taking a Walk. A New Walk. Of Faith. Of Trust.

There are 30 days in the month...and one Sunday Dinner. For me, that is certainly a Gifted Day. But that leaves 29 days of "daily grinds". Joys, tears, frustrations, bills , exhaustions, laughter,concerns,hopes, fears... picking up and letting go. Life.




And then the holidays are added to the mix. But I pull out my Trisha Yearwood cd, where her words speak to me in such a way that I stop to breathe and lay down the pieces of my day that broke... at the foot of a manger.  I feel like the little Drummer Boy who only had a song. But God assures me that my pieces are as lovely as Gold. He sees it too, as the Sweetest Gift.

Terri,Scott,Marcia,Vince and Jaime
                               
Speaking of gifts...that would be last Sundays Dinner! It was my first experience roasting a Prime Rib and  thankfully Vince (an amazing chef) was there to assist me. All I can say is YUM, and thanks Vince!

Those people you see sitting around the table? Some of my favorite's to spend an evening with. When it was over, it felt way too short! Time flies when conversations take on a life of their own, running the gamut of topics from serious to funny. When people are willing to show you their various "selves", now THATS good company! I felt like handing out sleeping bags so they could all just spend the night :)








 Marcia and Terri both arrived in my life just when I needed. they are two of the most loving and inspirational women I know. Their smiles truly light up my life and as I write this I am reminded to tell them this more often.

Marcia,Terri and Susan

And so, I do not need a gift for Christmas. The past 4 months of Sunday Dinners have been just that. Jaime and I are a most blessed couple to have the gift of friendship beside us in this life. I wish there was more to say then Thank you.

I hope you too, will take the walk that goes beyond this Christmas Season, and lay your cares at the feet of a manger that holds the Sweetest Gift of All. Life.

Merry Christmas, With Love.

* if your interested, Trisha Yearwoods album The Sweetest Gift is a beautiful Christmas Album..check it out on youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment