My Blog List

Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Crown of Courage"

As winter settles into my bones I tend to want to tell a story. I  turn on the music, pull out my palette, mix up some colors, choose a brush and allow the people of my life to go meandering through my mind until before me I see their story in paint, pastel, torn paper...pieces of a life woven together.

It's so true that a "picture paints a thousand words"  A story does not always need words for us to understand. Color evokes amazing emotions within us, and that can be a whole story in itself!

I usually paint first...and the trail of words follow. They come through my connection to a person, music,a word, a phrase, a feeling... what I always love is that when  painting someones story, it ends up being everyones story...and certainly mine.

 Our paths really are not so very different from each other, it's just the timing of our seasons.

"Crown of Courage" is for the women in my life who have found the courage to make a change; and for those that are on the threshold. At some point in life we are all faced with a decision to change. The reasons don't matter so much...they are big, they are small; but often there is someone involved in that change who has encouraged us along the way to our "moment."



                                    CROWN of COURAGE     

                                                          It was a Gift;
                                                  this Crown of Courage.  
                                                         
                                                          You waited
                                                In the swirl of life's seasons
                                                       with feet planted
                                                    upon the dewy grass
                                                  until the first morning light
                                                          cast a glow

                                                  I stood in the shadows
                                                  watching you exchange
                                                  the cloak of impossibility
                                                             with the
                                                      Crown of Courage
                                                            to change.                        s.stopinski 2010

                                    

 If your reading this today and feel your own "moment" has come to make a change... know that this painting was for you. I will pray that there is a place in your life where you can  lay down the old and allow a new plan to take shape. Nothing is Impossible....

1 comment:

  1. I opened this on an impossible morning. Thank you for reminding me that I have to lay down the old understandings and the limited views of myself. Waiting in this vulnerable and confusing state until God shows me his mercy for today. Knowing full well that it may not be the mercy that I had planned or hoped for. Courage is only needed when fear and loss is imminent.

    ReplyDelete