My Blog List

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life Continues It's Alterations Without My Permission :)

A couple weeks ago on a beautiful Washington Fall day, my family headed out to conquer the Big Little Town of Mt. Vernon for a trial senior photo session with our son Jordan. Hard to believe this day has come. I hope the year will take it slowly so we can savor the moments of his last year in high school.

For Jaime and me it is bittersweet. You breathe a sigh of contentment that as parents you "parented" this far and
"look, there he is! He's o.k." But he is also our last and we both know we will feel the emptiness.

I stood back to view him as Dad shot photo after photo, taking some of my own too, and thought how crazy childhood is and wondered if anyone, youth or parent, ever does it perfectly...ever makes it through all the years without once wishing it would hurry up??

He's standing stronger from all those years when a teen battles his own demons, and I hope he is thankful for all the laughter and wonderful adventures (right or wrong :) that were sprinkled throughout. I know as parents we are also standing stronger...and could not be prouder of him. Here's to one of the BEST years of your Life Son.We love you !

3 comments:

  1. What a handsome young man, inside and out. I hope our boys can have more adventures together before life takes them wherever it is they are going to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Jaime is talented.

    I was thinking last night over dinner how cool it is that most days I'm treated not only to a great meal, but amazing company. Nate and his buddy Andrew concocted a dynamite supper and I laughed at the array of topics we discussed.

    Parent has its seasons of pain, but it's altogether rewarding in a way that transcends my feeble grasp of language.

    I have a feeling that our empty nest years will be filled with joy and wild adventure too. We have each other, and, more than likely we'll have grand children at some point.

    Thanks for post,
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your input Will! I know there is much ahead...and the rewards, I agree, transcend. I look forward with anticipation where both of my children are concerned, as to where, with the hearts they have, their walks will take them...which means there will be new walks for us also. Ahh, as my dear friend Gloria tells me...you shall never arrive. There will always be "something" as long as you are an aware person. How right she is at 76.

    ReplyDelete