My Blog List

Thursday, January 20, 2011

"EYES THAT SEE"

                                                
It is January. That time, when living in Washington, I am so darn tired of rain, snow and the color gray... I tend to forget why I live here.

I forget the beauty of the area. The new shades of green I see when I take a walk and think there couldn't possibly BE another shade. The smell and taste of coffee on a summers morning while sitting on my front porch overlooking Big Lake, feeling so grateful. The tulips that burst open in the springtime fields like it is the first time ever.

Instead I forget there are blue skies ahead, that the sun will shine and I will indeed feel the warmth on my skin. I forget that summer comes around.

So I paint. Because I do forget. And painting helps me remember who I am and my purpose in this life. Painting connects me to God who speaks to my heart and helps my eyes to see outside myself when they get too clouded by the rain and my own selfish desires.

When I paint I remember the most important things of life...God, Love and People.

I am reminded then, that I am ALIVE.

And for me, to Live Well , means to be a Noticer of others. Even in January. Perhaps ESPECIALLY in January.

What  is your reminder and what does it mean for you to Live Well???



 
                                                              
                                         Eyes That See



                         I wonder if you saw me Sunday
              Would you gaze into my eyes that see?
                       Would they tell my Story
                              from far away
                          where Love was met
                            along dirt roads?

                   Would you take that Moment
                            to hold my Hand
                 And know me for the First time...
                       if you saw me on Sunday?
                                                                                    s.stopinski                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment